Know the 10 best options for the floor of a modern house
The floor is one of the main elements of the decoration of a house. Of all the types and colors, to advise a floor or another without taking into account how the other parts of the house are designed is something quite reckless.
Although it is evident that we have to contrast our floor with the architectural style, the furniture or the situation in which our house is located, it is true that there are a series of currents or models that are at the forefront or, for its characteristics, we have to take into account.
Here we present 10 types of floor for modern houses, with which you will bet on insurance. Exteriors, interiors, warm, humid, cold places, more cozy rooms, more classic styles ... There is a type of floor for each specific place. Yes, remember to trust your own instincts and adapt your home to your own taste, without others imposing a criterion that you do not fully trust.
1. Conventional ceramics In the warmer areas, conventional ceramics is a good choice. The conventional ceramic or stoneware is a floor very adapted to our time. Its characteristics provide the room with an environment of simplicity and cleanliness, ideal for places of high traffic.In the warmer areas, conventional ceramics are a good choice, since their high thermal conductivity increases freshness in summer. This floor, in addition, is made of very resistant materials, so it seems difficult to break or scratch.There are two main types of stoneware: the red and white paste. The first comes from a lower and more economical range.
2. Hydraulic tile The hydraulic tile is back in fashion almost half a century later. The hydraulic tile is back in fashion almost half a century later. This soil began to be used in the nineteenth century, although in Spain it achieved great popularity between the 50s and 60s. The white walls and simple decorations will favor the implementation of hydraulic tiles, whose geometrical figures and patterns match very well in classic homes, but also come great to give a retro touch to our modern homes.Manufactured with pigmented cement in three layers, the hydraulic tiles combine the essence of the traditional with the contemporaneity of the latest trends.
3. Smoothed cement It is clean, quick to apply and a great beauty. Smoothed cement, also known as microcement, appears lately in industrial and minimalist decorations. This coating, of great hardness and flexibility, combines with a wide variety of materials, so that the imagination of the decorator will be practically the only limit at the time of completing the stay.One of the main advantages of microcement is that it is clean, quick to apply and of great beauty. Resistant, elegant, versatile ... with the smoothed cement it is complicated to make mistakes.
4. Porcelain Porcelain stoneware is a resistant and compact material and its low porosity makes it a very hard material. This resistance makes many choose to use porcelain warehouses, outdoor or places with an important transit of people and even animals.Changes in temperature, dirt or abrasions will not be possible with porcelain tiles, which are made from pure materials, such as kaolin or feldspar.As for the purely aesthetic levels, this stoneware molds very well to all types of homes, since the color depends directly on the dye that is added to the dough, so the range is very wide. In addition, it has the ability to integrate perfectly into the environment and provides a sense of continuity that can not be achieved with other materials.
5. Carpet Classic option for home lining. The carpet is a classic option for the lining of the home, especially in rooms. However, the appearance of increasingly modern technologies, which polish their defects and magnify their virtues, makes it continue to be a more than remarkable choice for many homes.The main advantage of the carpet is its insulating capacity. For that reason, it is the favorite choice in humid and cold places, since, even, it allows you to walk barefoot in winter without causing the immediate freezing of your feet. The dirt and dust that used to accumulate the carpets made many people discard this option, especially in places with warm climates. But the evolution that we commented that the material has suffered has caused the appearance of carpets that repel dirt and do not store as much dust. Therefore, except in really hot climates (it is true that, in summers of very high temperatures, the difference is remarkable between the rooms with carpet and the rest), the carpet is a choice that will guarantee a pleasant temperature and undeniable elegance.
6. Barros If we want to give our home a traditional look. The mud floors are striking, if we want to give our home a traditional look, in a similar way if we decide to put on our pavement hydraulic tile. Although we have to remember that, although both provide a certain rustic feel, they are not the same.This classic stoneware can be seen a lot in the Spanish Mediterranean area and its production is done by cooking the clay at low temperature and letting it dry outdoors.The clay is a material of a warm reddish color and very porous. This porosity is often treated with enamels and varnishes, which also help to polish the final appearance of the floor, which, in this way, retains its rustic air, but at the same time, careful. The mud floors can be used in many spaces, with the plus that their appearance even improves over the years.
7. Wood It is a very cozy floor, very warm, hard and resistant. Employing wood is almost always a success. The possibilities are very broad, since there are many types of wood, with different colors, with different hardness and various qualities.The wooden floor is a very cozy floor and that will give our design houses the appearance of a real home. But it is also a very warm, hard and resistant soil.In this type of soil we can find, in broad strokes, two different modalities: the floating parquet, which is placed on a membrane; and the platform, which is made of solid natural wood. The platform is more elegant and durable, while parquet is cheaper and faster to install. The only but of the wood floors is that it is relatively easy to scratch, although it is also true that the scratches are easy to repair.
8. Vinyl Choose a vinyl that simulates your finish. Vinyl is one of the materials that has improved and evolved in recent times. Years ago, using the vinyl was risky and even came to seem shabby. However, the improvement in the material has meant a real revolution in the world of soils.The vinyls have the ability to imitate any type of material at a much cheaper price than the original and, as we say, currently the quality achieved already offers sufficient guarantee to bet on this option.The maintenance of the vinyl floors is minimal and the finishes completely give the hit. Hygienic, safe, easy to clean, warm, soft ... If you like the appearance of some type of concrete floor, but you see in its disadvantages a handicap important enough not to finish deciding, choose a vinyl that simulates its finish and forget about the rest of unnecessary worries. In addition, its installation is fast and clean, so the savings will not only be for money, but also for time.
9. Natural stone If you are looking for a hard and resistant material, this will be your favorite option. There is no type of soil that can compete with natural stone in terms of resistance.Slate, quartzite, limestones ... Natural stone paving offers you multiple options depending on what your tastes are. The stone is a good insulator and will provide the space in which you use a classic, robust and rustic air.Natural stone pavements are more intended for warm than cold places, since, by nature, the stone refreshes the room. The wide range of existing stones that we mentioned before makes you opt for this type of floor both for exteriors and interiors and combines with any architectural design.
10. Laminates Laminate floors are made of wood fibers. These are pressed with high density resins and form several layers. Being superposed fibers, you can get finishes of different qualities, hardness and resistances.Laminates offer us many options, since they are capable of imitating any type of natural wood. The advantages with respect to the natural woods reside in the greater operative, reason why it is much more simple to install them; and in the economic factor, since they are cheaper, and resistance.The colors that we can find in the laminates range from white to black, passing through reddish and brownish ones. The options of this floor are so many that we can even choose the type of finish (smooth, sawed, synchronized ...)